I bought an old Zara herring bone jacket from a thrift shop. I love the shape but it is so dull that I decided to embellished it.
You will need
Iron on Fusible webbing
Scraps of velvet
Needle and thread
1. Remove the original buttons on the cuffs and replace them with some interesting ones.
2. Add bias binding to the ends of the sleeves. This can be decorative like the one used here or just plain .
3. Iron fusible webbing onto the back of the velvet scraps. Cut out triangle shapes. Cut out pocket flap shapes and an odd shape to iron on to a sleeve. Peel off the backing paper and place the triangular velvet shapes down the back seam. Iron into position.
4. Sew with a double piece of cotton with running stitches to hold into place.
5. Repeat steps three and four with the other pieces of velvet. Add decorative buttons to the front edges of the jacket.